A portfolio of mono-material polyethylene solutions that enable brands to customize features such as barrier, transparency, and toughness while also benefiting from store drop-off recyclability where facilities exist.
EnviroFlex® PE offers a range of barrier solutions, from overwraps for general purpose and hygiene, to shelf stable applications with high oxygen, moisture and grease barrier requirements. EnviroFlex® products do not contain substances of concern.
Clarity & Strength
Mono-material EnviroFlex® PE leverages the transparency, toughness, and performance of polyethylene film while also providing the sustainability benefit of a store-drop-off recyclable structures, where facilities exist.
EnviroFlex® PE was designed with recyclability in mind and has been pre-qualified to carry the plastic, store-drop-off How2Recycle® label in North America. See examples and note that on-product label may vary based on final application and local availability of recycling resources.
Sonoco offers standard and advanced flexographic as well as rotogravure printing for high-speed, high-quality output. For cost-effective, efficient printing, even when runs are smaller, we specialize in pre-press services and combo printing to make the most out of every impression.
For multi-layer applications requiring extra durability or barrier performance, end of-life recycling options remain out of reach. As we wait while the global recycling infrastructure improves, the best way to achieve sustainability attributes today is to add renewable or recycled raw materials into the manufacturing process.
EnviroFlex® PCR is a high-barrier, high durability film that is made with post-consumer recycled content secured from both mechanical and advanced recycling operations.
- Available as a premade pouch or rollstock
- Ideal for coffee, pet foods, or other items requiring enhanced pouch performance
EnviroFlex® Paper provides a flexible packaging alternative made primarily of paper that was designed for recycling. Available with barrier properties and in various weights, EnviroFlex® Paper is ideal for packaging formats such as flow wrap, sachets and pillow bags.
- EnviroFlex® Paper has been pre-qualified in North America to carry the “widely recycled” How2Recycle® label indicating curbside recyclability (where available)
- Suitable for various food and non-food applications including: cookies, crackers, snacks, confections, dry/dehydrated foods & mixes, pet treats, personal care items and more
- Advances sustainability goals with significant plastic reduction and curbside recyclability
- Barrier solutions available and made without chemicals of concern